November 5, 2023
Refinancing Your Car
It’s always a good time to consider refinancing a loan – especially if you’ve worked hard to boost your credit score for a better rate. If you owe on a car loan, here are five reasons you should seriously consider refinancing this season:
- Lower monthly payments: When you get a lower interest rate on your loan, your monthly payments will be lower. This frees up more cash flow for other expenses or savings.
- Pay off the loan faster: With lower interest, more of your monthly payment goes toward paying down the principal balance rather than interest. This can help you pay off the loan sooner.
- Save thousands in interest: Even a 1% lower interest rate on a large loan can save you thousands in total interest paid over the life of the loan. Now that’s impressive!
- More money for other financial goals: The money you save on interest payments can be put toward other financial goals, like saving for retirement, children's education, or building an emergency fund.
- Potentially increase your credit score over time: Faster loan payoff and a lower balance can positively impact your credit utilization ratio and average age of accounts, leading to a higher credit score.
Savings are pretty magical, right? Take a look at your car loan and see if refinancing is your next money move. Good luck!
What’s your next money move? Follow us. LifeMoneyYou.com